It is where the first game and first series protagonist Taki Minase finds the mysterious Bible Black grimoire and uses its spells to influence his fellow students. The evil school nurse Reika Kitami later uses the school's facilities for her perverted and devious plans.
In the Origins prequel series, the Academy is where student Hiroko Takashiro and her witchcraft club first start using the Bible Black to dominate the school. They later use the basement storage room to try and summon a demon and the Devil himself.
The school is also featured in New Testament, but less prominently than the other series. Teacher Kaori Saeki uses the school to exploit her student followers and fellow teachers for her evil plans. The school's basement is again used as a sacrificial ritual chamber.
The Only series consists of short erotic scenes that mostly take place in and around the school's buildings.
The Academy consists of multiple interconnected buildings. Surrounding the grounds are stone walls with a metal main gate that is closed after the first bell rings to check for students coming in late. Students who are late twice risk losing course credits.
Inside the grounds is a small park area and square pool, complete with fountain and stone bridge. A small brick cabin sits near it, partially overgrown with vines, suggesting it might have been there before the more modern school was built around it.
There is an outdoor locker room near the entrance of the building, partially covered by a wooden roof. It is used primarily to store the students' shoes, as they wear sandals (uwabakiWP) inside. The ground here is soft enough to dig a small hole. There are more locker areas inside the campus building, aligned along the wall of the hallways.
- Main article: Gymnasium
Next to the school's main building is the gymnasium. It is used for physical education classes and was also used by the student council at some point to present their plans and reports during school assembly. There is a storage room to the side of the gym used to store sports equipment.
The school has a heated indoor pool next to the gymnasium to accommodate the swim team. There is also an outdoor pool on the roof of one of the buildings, complete with outdoor showers and sinks. Next to the indoor pool is a changing room that also serves at the swim team's clubhouse. The room seems to be poorly maintained, as most of the lockers are broken.
The Academy is equipped with an infirmary, otherwise known as the nurse's office or sickroom. Students who are taken ill are cared for here. Dr. Reika Kitami served as the school's nurse for several years.
The basement of the school houses a storage room, officially used to store unused desks and equipment. However, the room was also used as a sacrificial chamber for the occult magic rituals of a group of students (see History). The basement has since been sealed shut and declared off limits, resulting in countless rumors among the students.
There are numerous blood stains on the walls and ceiling, and a geometrical talisman drawing on the floor surrounded by large golden chandeliers. Sitting in the center of the room is a stone altar. Cryptic symbols and diagrams are graffitied on the metal basement door, as well as a quote from Edmund SpenserWP's poem The Faerie QueeneWP, both likely put there by the witchcraft club's members. The quote reads: All set with iron teeth in ranges twain. That terrified his foes, and armed him, Appearing like the mouth of Orcus griesly grim.
There is an underground tunnel that leads from the basement to the stone building on the school grounds.
A classroom used for the school's art lessons and art club meetings. It has a strong scent of turpentine and petrol, and there are numerous easels and canvasses set-up across the room, as well some props used to paint still lifesWP, such as wine bottles.
- Main article: Academy uniform
Like most Japanese schools, students are required to wear a uniform during class. The attire uses a white, black and red color scheme and comes in both a male and female version. They are modeled after European-style naval uniforms, a trait seen in most Japanese school uniforms. Both the male and female version have remained relatively unchanged for almost two decades. However, some subtle changes have been made over the years.
The school's dress code also mandates students to wear either brown outdoor shoes or white sandals (uwabakiWP) indoors. Student prefects wear green armbands below their shoulder.
Teachers and professors have more liberty in their choice of clothing, but are still required to dress formally.
Organizations and activitiesEdit
- Main article: Student council
The student council or student body is an organization of students within the school that are at least partially responsible for regulations and extracurricular activities around the Academy, such as sports and literature clubs, swim team and art club. The councilors also decide which activities are allowed to form an official club. Some of these extracurricular activities are listed below as well. The organization is chaired by a student president.
- Main article: Swim team
The swim team is one of the most active clubs in school. Its members train in either of the school's pools, the one on the roof or the heated indoor pool. They regularly compete in swim meets with other schools, where one member is usually selected to represent the Academy.
The team is headed by a captain.
- Main article: Art club
One of the extracurricular organizations for artistically inclined students. Out of all the other cultural clubs at school, whose members are mostly ghost members, the art club has a decent reputation. There is no written exam, but the club is also popular during the time art professor Hiroko Takashiro oversees the club as faculty advisor and instructor, as she is found attractive by many male students.
The club has its own student president and vice president, whose responsibilities include retrieving and returning the key to the art classroom from the faculty room.
Brass band clubEdit
The rise and fall of Rose CrossEdit
The school becomes the site of several occult incidents after some of its female students form a magic club without consent from the student council. Unbeknownst to the school authorities, they find a genuine magic book and use its powers to compel a female student councilor to strip naked and masturbate in front of assembly in a lewd spectacle.
After that, the girls gain significant influence and notoriety around the school when they start using seduction magic on other students. However, the council is afraid to step in. Because its president has also been hexed, she actually grants them usage of the school's basement.
Here, the students summon a demon from the underworld, and later attempt to summon the Devil himself in order to gain his favor. However, both rituals horribly backfire, leading to the gruesome death of all but one of the club's members.
The basement room is sealed following the incident, and the police and school authorities pass it off as a suicide pact. They are careful not to cite the club or its history in any official school records or yearly albums.
Domination of Dr. KitamiEdit
Even so, rumors about the lost witchcraft club persist up to twelve years after its demise. Spurred on by the rumors, male student Taki Minase trespasses into the basement room and rediscovers the magic book. He uses the spells on a few students, causing one of them to publicly have sex in a locker room and student council president Shiraki to leap off one of the school buildings in a suicide attempt.
The boy is later bewitched himself by the wicked school nurse Dr. Reika Kitami, who was also involved in the ritual over a decade ago. She uses the school as a hunting ground of sorts to find a replacement vessel for her soul, sexually assaulting several students in her office to do so.
Meanwhile, Kitami's loyal follower Kaori Saeki embarks on a quest to collect semen from several virgin students and teachers to use in a perverted ritual. Her and her friends gather it from a tennis player, a peeping tom in the swim team locker room and a biology teacher.
Kitami eventually returns to the basement room for a final ritual, attempting to swap her body with a suitable virgin female student to escape the Devil's ultimatum placed on her soul. However, Minase and his art teacher stop her by breaking into the school, smashing one of the windows. Kitami perishes when her contract expires. Once again, the police and school authorities either assume or purposefully pretend that the woman committed suicide. They intend to seal the basement entrance off for good with concrete, but never follow through with it.
Some time after these events, student girl Imari is raped by a male student after hours. Later still, she is lured to the basement by Kitami's loyal follower Saeki. She seemingly transfers her soul to the girl's body as they have sex.
A new evil emergesEdit
Several years later, Kaori Saeki again uses the basement room as a teacher to resurrect Kitami. In one instance, one of her student followers has sex with a young teacher near the school's swimming pool on the roof before they are killed by a ghostly female figure. Police and paranormal investigators later investigate the area.
Not long after, the basement room is again used by teacher Saeki to seduce the Academy's vice-principal, making her way there using a secret underground tunnel from a stone building on the school grounds. She later assaults a young woman when Kitami rejoins her in a new body. Her followers, among them student council president Saki Kiriya, also kidnap and rape a young substitute teacher after they corner her on the school grounds after hours.
Finally, Kitami and her followers use the basement for one more ritual, but are interrupted by the ghostly figure from before. She defeats Kitami before engaging in her own ceremony. This one eventually fails as well. After that, life around the school seems to turn back to normal.
- A different entrance area can be seen in some episodes of the New Testament series, in particular, the second and third episodes. The wall is made of brown bricks as seen on the screenshot to the right. This is likely a side or back entrance, as the more familiar concrete entrance can still be seen in the first episode.
- There is a discrepancy with the small cabin seen on the campus grounds in the New Testament series. On the wide shot seen in the second episode there are no windows on the door side of the building, but in the third episode there is one on both sides of the door. The door has also changed its appearance.
- It is unknown why the school's basement is never sealed with concrete as stated by Minase in the final episode of the first anime series. It is possible Saeki or Imari (now inhabited by Kitami's soul) managed to stop it from happening. In second game, the school authority eventually demolishes the entire basement following another incident.
- ↑ GAME1 | Minase: When it's time for the first bell, the school counselor shuts the gate and checks off who's coming in late. If you're late twice, they take a day off your attendance. If I didn't have Imari to wake me up, I'd probably lose a few credits.
- ↑ GAME1 | Minase: I arrive in front of the lockers. I look down at the ground, I'm sure I can dig a hole there, but not with just my hands.
- ↑ GAME1 | Minase: I slowly open the steel door to the storage room next to the gym. There are mats and vaults scattered around inside.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 GAME1 | Minase: Our school has a heated indoor pool, and the swim team is one of the most active of our school clubs. But the pool's next door to the gym.
- ↑ File:Shot S3E1 police at pool.jpg
- ↑ GAME1 | Minase: Kobayashi and Mikimoto enter the swim team's changing room/clubhouse. (...) At the same time, I lock the door on the other side leading to the pool.
- ↑ GAME1 | Minase: Their lockers aren't locked. Actually, the locks on most of the lockers are broken.
- ↑ GAME1 | Minase: Ito is talking about the storage room in the basement. According to the faculty, they store all the unused desks and equipment there. But it's true that this room hasn't been used in a long time...and it's been locked up forever. That's why it's become the subject of countless rumors.
- ↑ GAME1 | Minase: There's some graffiti on the door as well. It could be the work of some cruel students, but someone has scribbled cryptic symbols and diagrams.
- ↑ GAME1 | Takashiro: [Tracing the graffiti on the door] All set with yron teeth in raunges twaine, that terrifide his foes, and armed him, appearing like the mouth of Orcus griesly grim..." [sic] (...) "A quote from Spenser's The Faerie Queen. What you see written here describes this room."
- ↑ GAME1 | Minase: As I enter the Art Room, the sharp scent of turpentine and petrol assails me. There are easels set up all over the room and everyone has their own canvas set up.
- ↑ GAME1 | Minase: I pointed to a wine bottle kept in the corner of the room...We use it in art class when we paint still-lifes.
- ↑ GAME1 | Teacher: "What's with your clothes? Where's your uniform?" (...) "Hey. Go back and change into your uniform."
- ↑ S2E1 | Kozono: "Requests for amendments will be discussed at the next meeting. That was all for school regulations. And next, the report on the club budget."
- ↑ S2E1 | Mochida: "F-First I'd like to read the budget report for this year. Sports clubs and literature clubs are, they are..."
- ↑ S2E1 | Mochida: "I came to inform you that your request to form a club has been denied." (...) "I just came to deliver the message from the student council."
- ↑ GAME1 | Kobayashi: "I hear you're going to represent our school in the next meet. Congratulations."
- ↑ GAME1 | Minase: I belong to the Art Club. Out of all the cultural clubs at school (whose members are mostly ghost members), it's a relatively decent club.
- ↑ GAME1 | Minase: She's an art instructor, and the faculty advisor for the Art Club. (...) Some of the students have chosen to concentrate on art because of her...and the boys in the Art Club never miss a meeting. It's all thanks to her. (...) Some are of the flippant opinion that Art [means] Easy Pass. Well, I'm not going to argue with that...I mean, since there's no written exam for this class, why wouldn't it be popular?
- ↑ GAME1 | Minase: "Oh, that's all right. As Vice President, I take full responsibility for returning the key."
- ↑ GAME1 | Minase: If I recall, Shiraki belongs to the brass band club.
- ↑ GAME1 | Shiraki: "I think they mentioned it the other day during the Music Appreciation concert..."
- ↑ S2E1 | Mochida: "I came to inform you that your request to form a club has been denied." (...) "Did you really think the school would let you have such a silly club?"
- ↑ GAME1 | Takashiro: "Eventually, we took on other students as clients. We were paid to hex other people, we got rid of all our opponents, and we punished anyone who defied us. We did whatever we wanted."
- ↑ GAME1 | Takashiro: "There was no one in school who hadn't heard about us." (...) "The student council was terrified of us"
- ↑ GAME1 | Takashiro: "Fearing that the truth would leak out, the school authorities passed off the incident as a suicide pact." (...) "And they locked the basement room door so that no one could ever enter it again..."
- ↑ GAME1 | Imari: "Someone from the Art Club told me. It wasn't an official club, so there aren't any school records and it's not in any of the yearly albums...but I heard it really did exist."
- ↑ GAME1 | Minase: "You're talking about that Black Magic Society they had here 12 years ago...the one in all those rumors...aren't you?"
- ↑ S1E6 | Minase: "I heard that the police closed the case yesterday. Looks like everyone thinks Kitami-sensei committed suicide."
- ↑ S1E6 | Minase: "Yeah, it will be sealed with concrete next week so that no one can ever enter the room.